Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow

I have to admit, I like winter a hell of a lot more than summer. I don't do well in hot weather and my skin and the sun don't get along well. While other people tan, I simply become a deeper shade of pale.

I was really looking forward to spending a great winter with Olive.

Then this winter happened.

Sure, I can take Olive sledding (as we have done down the back stairs of our deck), but anytime we go outside I need to attach an avalanche beacon to her. Maybe I could get an orange flag on a long stick and staple it to her back. Otherwise, she is going to get lost in the 47 feet of snow we have on the ground right now. It also doesn't help that this winter has been insanely cold (by Boston standards).

But we have been able to get outside and enjoy some winter pursuits. Here are a few pictures of us enjoying a little snowshoeing. Luckily, one of the benefits of Olive's recent obsession with Dora the Explorer is that she thinks it is cool to be carried around in a backpack.


Before the front-end loaders came down our street and dumped heaps of snow into our local playground, we could still make quick trips to the swings and slide. Really, what is better than sliding down a slide half covered in snow?


Putting your feet up, watching some Wonder Pets and drinking hot cocoa!


No comments:

Post a Comment